The platform provides unmatched features for retail traders in the Indian financial markets
The recent volatility in the Global stock markets has been menacing to say the least and day traders without a pre- defined exit strategy are likely to end up losing big- time. Although markets have recovered from the sharp slide seen in the first half of this month, equities continue to remain volatile, although within a range.
Coming to the Indian markets, the broad “Nifty- 50” which ended with gains in the last eight out of ten years, hit all- time highs of 11171.55 in February this year, before sliding sharply to signal a bullish candlestick reversal what many analysts term as an “Island Reversal.” Although the plummet has been stemmed for the time being, Nifty is expected to trade in the broad 10300- 10600 range for some more time to come. It is in times like these that options strategies can be used beneficially to a large extent.
Traders looking to make the most of the current volatility in the markets can look at Options or Options Strategies to day- trading. The Protrader platform offered by Compositedge; a leading discount broker in Bangalore, comes packaged with a load of features and users would not only find the platform exceptionally user- friendly and quick to operate, but will be overwhelmed by the readily available analytical tools that provide the critical edge while trading.
Let’s take a look at some of the major highlights of the options panel-
- Throws up all the strikes for a selected scrip and their premiums in one go, making a trader’s task really simple, when compared to manually selecting individual strikes to display them in the watchlist.
- Column headers can include premiums for various strikes, option Greeks and implied volatility, which is something new for retail clients in the Indian financial markets.
- All tradable options contracts can be viewed side by side or individually.
- Users can configure ATM strikes and present them at the centre of the options chain along with the max number of strikes to be displayed in the panel.
- Options analyser to view options strategy along with the payoff diagram in the “Paper position” mode.
- Includes volatility and time to expiry to determine the impact on the P/L of a strategy.
- One- click order entry irrespective of the number of calls/ puts included in the strategy.
- Quick modification/ deletion of pending orders.
In addition to the above features, traders can include implied volatility and time to expiry to define the probability impact on the payoff of a strategy. Users can also overlay Greeks in the options analyser to monitor the real- time impact on the P/L of a strategy. Finally, traders can overlay volatility smile charts of different expiries and look for risk- free arbitrage opportunities.
To conclude, the Options Master panel is an excellent piece of the Protrader terminal. In addition to simplifying the way options traders execute trades, the platform ensures speedy entry/ exits, in- depth analysis of a strategy before implementation and real- time arbitrage prospects.
Compositedge is a leading discount broker and provider of algo trading solutions for retail customers in India. Headquartered in Bangalore for the last 20 years, we provide the internationally acclaimed Protrader platform; which comprises of charts, scalper, matrix, grid, market-depth and options master in addition to a ready to implement algo platform. We combine discount broking and algo trading solutions to ensure all our retail clients experience the finest trading amenities at affordable costs.