Trade management comprises of managing your orders or trades and can be viewed from the separate window created at the
bottom of your workspace. In addition, all the trade management panels come with a “Buttons Toolbar” that can be used as
shortcut keys to manage fresh or existing orders.
Trades and trade related data can be viewed and managed from the following panels-
Positions panel lists all currently opened positions. When a new position is opened, it appears in this panel immediately.
To open the Positions panel, Go to Terminal >>Positions OR click on this icon from the tool bar ribbon.
To customize column headers, right- click on any of the headers and modify
Can be viewed above the table in this panel. As soon as a trade is completed, the buttons toolbar gets activated. To view buttons,
Open the context menu and select View > Buttons panel.
To customize the buttons toolbar, right- click subsequent to the toolbar and modify
The buttons with their features are highlighted below-
- Close all – closes all open positions.
- CLX – closes open positions and cancels orders by selected symbol and account.
- CLX all – closes all open positions and cancels all orders.
- Reverse all – reverses all positions.
- Close negative – closes positions with negative P/L.
- Close positive – closes positions with positive P/L.
- Close – closes all positions by selected symbol and account.
- Close selected – closes all selected positions.
- Reverse – reverses positions by selected symbol and account.
- Reverse selected – reverses all selected positions.
- Close long – closes positions with Side = Long.
- Close short – closes positions with Side = Short.
This panel lists all created orders which are yet to be traded.
To open a new Working orders panel, go to Terminal >>Working orders OR click on this icon from the toolbar ribbon.
The panel displays the following type of orders
- Orders to open new positions.
- Orders to close positions (Stop loss and Take profit). To display closed orders, open сontext menu and select Show closed
- Cancel all - cancels all orders.
- Cancel Buy - cancels all buy orders.
- Cancel Sell - cancels all sell orders.
- Cancel Stops - cancels all stop orders.
- Cancel Limits - cancels all limit orders.
- Cancel Days - cancels all day orders (TIF=Day).
- Cancel GTCs - cancels all GTC orders (TIF=GTC).
- Cancel selected - cancels all selected orders.
- Cancel - cancels all orders by selected symbol and account.
- Modify order - allows modification of selected order/s.
- Change to Market - changes order type to market for selected orders.
The panel allows to view system actions related to opening and closing orders including SL/TP orders. This is particularly useful for
monitoring specific information regarding creation, modification, removal and execution of orders.
To open ‘OrdersHistory’ panel, go toTerminal >>Orders history OR click on this icon from the toolbar ribbon.
Filled orders panel displays trading history.To open the panel, go to Terminal >>Filled orders OR click on this icon from the
Users can select the time period and analyze trading history from the drop- down
Users can view the symbol- wise summary of open positions from the ‘Positions balance’ panel.
To take a look at the positions balance, go to Terminal >>Positions balance OR click on this icon from the toolbar ribbon.
Some of the key columns in the panel are
- Net position qty. – net open positions.
- Break-even point– shows the price where profit/loss = zero.
- Break-even point = (Long qty.*Average long – Short qty.*Average short)/(Long qty. – Short qty.)
- Average long – average price of long positions.
- Average short – average selling price of short positions.
- Net exposure – net exposure for open positions by symbol.
- Gross exposure – total exposure for open positions by symbol.
- Strike price – price of options contract performance.
- Position value – current value of the position which is calculated based on the current market price.
The panel shows a log of all events that have occurred during work sessions.To open a new ‘Event Log’ panel, go to Terminal >>
Event log OR click on this icon from the toolbar ribbon.
The available columns in the panel and their corresponding description are highlighted below
- Type – type of event.
- Date – date and time of event.
- Event – title of event.
- Message – the whole text of event message
- Roundtrip, ms – shows time in milliseconds measured from the order sending/cancelling/modifying till the moment of
receiving the response from the server about execution of the corresponding action.
Users can also select the time period for which they wish to check the logs from the dropdown.
Users can also choose the type of events to be covered in the panel by clicking the button and selecting the event/s from the drop- down